First Alert Smart Onelink Smoke + CO Alarm - Hardwired (1042135)
Hardwired Onelink Smart Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- 2-in-1 smart smoke and carbon monoxide alarm alerts you to both types of danger in your home, with a photoelectric smoke sensor and electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor
- Alarm sends emergency notifications, via your phone, while voice alerts tell you the type and location of danger
- Conveniently test and silence alarm via Onelink Home App
- Interconnects with existing traditional hardwired alarms and other Onelink devices (sold separately) to create a smart home safety network. If one detector is triggered, all connected alarms will sound off.
- Works with Amazon Alexa, so you can ask Alexa to check the status of your Onelink alarm (Alexa device sold separately).
- Hardwired - Quick and easy installation with included AC adapter plugs
- Compatible with Apple HomeKit; can be used on both Apple and Android devices
Onelink Smart Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm - AC Power
Add intelligent protection to your home with the Onelink Smoke & Carbon Monoxide alarm. This 2-in-1 combo alarm detects both smoke and carbon monoxide. Regardless of whether you're home or away, you'll be notified when smoke or co is detected. This First Alert Onelink Combo Alarm is capable of identifying the type and location of the danger. You'll also be able to create a personalized smoke and carbon monoxide safety network by interconnecting other compatible alarms.
Mobile Connectivity through the Onelink Home App
This alarm sends you notifications in the event of a smoke or carbon monoxide emergency. With the Onelink Home app, you can also test and silence your alarm.
Smart Home Safety Network
Wirelessly interconnect with other First Alert & Onelink devices (sold separately) to create a smart home safety network. When one alarm is triggered, all connected devices will sound off. This alarm is also compatible with Amazon Alexa, so you can ask Alexa to check the status of your Onelink alarm. The Onelink Home App is compatible with both Android and Apple devices.
Voice Alerts and More
Emergency notifications alert you to danger via your phone, while voice and location technology tell you the type and area of danger; the Onelink also uses a traditional 85-decibel siren.
Hardwired Alarm with Easy Setup and Installation
The Onelink Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Alarm connects easily to electrical systems using the included AC adapter plugs so you don't have to rewire (AC power is required for Onelink). Includes a 10 year sealed lithium battery backup so you are always protected even in a power outage.
Battery Backup for Continuous Protection
This Hardwired Onelink Smoke & CO Alarm is equipped with a ten year sealed battery backup for protection during power outages.
Onelink Hardwired Smart Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm (3nd Generation) 1042135
How to Install First Alert 1042135 Onelink Hardwired Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Alarms:
In this guide, we'll be showing you how to install First Alert Hardwired Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms. Here are a few items you'll need before starting the installation process: Needle-nose pliers or utility knife, screwdriver, wire stripper, wire nuts and a ladder.
Hardwired Smoke or Carbon Monoxide Alarm Requirements:
- 120V household electrical circuit (unswitched 120VAC)
- Standard wiring junction box to a 4 in. (10 cm) size, on either the ceiling or wall
- Selecting an appropriate location to install your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms (see below guidelines for additional information):
- When installing an alarm on the wall, the top edge of an alarm should be placed between 4 in. (100 mm) and 12 in. (300 mm) from the wall/ceiling line.
- When installing an alarm on the ceiling, place the alarm as close to the center as possible.
- In either case, install the alarm at least 4 in. (100 mm) from where the wall and ceiling meet.
- First Alert Smoke Alarm FAQs
- First Alert Carbon Monoxide Alarm FAQs
Connecting First Alert Hardwired Alarms to 120V Wiring
To begin, turn off power at the junction box and connect your alarm to the building's electrical wiring.
- Locate the junction box and turn off power
- Remove the power connector from the new alarm's packaging
- Using wire nuts, attach the hot (black), neutral (white), and interconnect (orange) wires
|Attach to black wire on power connector|
|Attach to white wire on power connector|
Standalone (single-station) alarm: This wire is not needed; tuck the orange wire into the junction box.
Mounting First Alert Hardwired Alarms
- Secure the mounting bracket to the ceiling or wall using screws (included in the package)
- Insert the power connector into the plug on the back of your alarm
- Tuck any hanging wires into the junction box
- Position the base of the alarm onto the bracket and turn it clockwise until it's secured
- Remove the pull-tab to activate the backup battery
Installing Additional and/or Interconnecting First Alert Hardwired Alarms
If you are installing more smoke or carbon monoxide alarms, you'll want to repeat the process throughout the building. Interconnected smoke and co alarms must meet all requirements:
The same fuse or circuit breaker must power all interconnected alarms.
Up to 18 compatible detectors can interconnect, with a limit of 12 smoke alarms.
The total length of wire interconnecting the alarms should be less than 1,000 ft. (300 meters). This type of wire is commonly available at hardware and electrical supply stores.
All wiring must conform to all local electrical codes and NFPA 70 (NEC). Refer to NFPA 72, NFPA 101, and your local building code for more information.
Interconnect wiring diagram:
If you have any doubts or reservations about these interconnect requirements, please contact an experienced electrician to install your wiring and hardwired alarms.
Restoring Power and Testing Hardwired Alarms
Once you've installed your hardwired alarms, you'll want to restore power to the junction box. Under regular operation, the power indicator light on the alarm will shine/blink to indicate that it is receiving AC power.
Here's how you can test standalone or interconnected alarms:
Standalone Alarms: Press and hold the Test/Silence button until the unit triggers an alarm.
Interconnected Alarms: Press and hold the Test/Silence button until the first unit triggers an alarm. All interconnected detectors should sound off. Repeat this process to test each alarm in the interconnected series.
- Power Source: Hardwired
- Battery Backup: 10 Year Sealed Lithium
- Sensor: Photoelectric and Electrochemical
- Smart Technology: Helps reduce nuisance alarms
- Noise Output: 85 dB with Voice Alerts
- Voice Feature: Announces programmed location of the unit and danger detected
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Wireless Interconnect: Can be linked with other compatible alarms
- Bluetooth Mesh Network Communication: Allows alarms to speak with one another
- Wi-Fi Enabled: Receive notifications via iPhone, iPad and iPad Touch (Requires iOS 9.0 or later)
- Compatibility: Apple HomeKit and Google Play
- Multicolor Ring: Provides visual indication of various alarm states
- Single Button: One press to silence and test alarm
- Standards: UL 217 and UL 2034
- Warranty: 5 Year Limited
- Product Dimensions (LxWxH): 5.88 x 1.57 x 5.88 in.
- Product Weight: .75 lbs.
- Smoke particles of varying number and size are produced in all fires. For maximum protection, use both ionization and photoelectric sensing technologies. Ionization alarms are generally more sensitive to fast flaming fires and photoelectric alarms are generally more sensitive to smoldering fires.
If you are interested in ordering a large quantity of items you may qualify for volume pricing discounts. Volume Discount Pricing is a great way for customers to save big on large, bulk orders of most items available in our store. Please send a bulk order request to our friendly sales staff so they may create a quote and provide personal service for your order! You will receive a response within 1-2 business days and our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm CST.
- Let us know what products & the quantities you are interested in.
- Get a detailed quote from a dedicated sales rep.
- Our warehouse ships directly to you.
- You enjoy the savings & are now a preferred customer.