Returns and Refunds
Return Policy and Instructions
Our goal is to provide our customers with the best products available. We conduct extensive testing on each product to look for the best compatibility, fit, finish, ease of use and quality. In the event you are dissatisfied with a product, please contact us within 30 days of the shipment date at our returns department for an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number so that we can ensure proper tracking of your return.
- You must contact us within 30 days from the date you receive your item for First Alert Store to process your return.
- Once we receive your RMA request, we will issue an RMA instructional e-mail, which will explain how and where to ship the returned items to.
- Please check your spam/junk mail folder for the instructional e-mail.
- If your RMA is approved, returns must be shipped back within 10 days of the RMA approval date. Otherwise your return is subject to refusal and the transaction will not be refunded including all shipping related costs.
- After we receive your return, please allow 15 business days for us to process your transaction. Items that are considered as Drop Ship / Direct Shipment via Manufacturer could take additional processing time.
- Shipping charges will NOT be refunded (this includes the original shipping charge and the return shipping charge).
- Any packages shipped to us without an RMA will be refused at time of delivery.
- All returns have a 10-30% re-stocking fee, unless they were damaged in transit or are defective.
- All warranties start from the date of purchase with applicable receipt. (Applies to items purchased through this online store only)
Items that are not returnable:
- Clearance Items: All sales on clearance items are final and are not returnable.
- Return Window: Items marked as delivered more than 30 days ago are not returnable.
Guest Customer Returns
If you do not have an account with us, you will need your order number and email address.Check Order Status & Start A Return
- You must contact us within 24 hours or the next business day, after receiving your product to claim an item as damaged.
- Please take pictures and retain all original packaging including the shipment box/pack, this will assist us in filing a claim.
- Depending on the nature of the damaged item we will either e-mail you a shipping label or send you a replacement product with a shipping label for the defective item to be sent back.
- We will not be held responsible for the shipping of a damaged item back to us if you do not opt for a replacement.
- If our returns department finds that the item is not damaged, you may be responsible for additional shipping costs as well as a 10-30% re-stocking fee.
Please call Customer Service at 847-991-4385 to start the replacement process for the damaged item that you have received.
- You must contact us within 30 days of receiving your product to claim an item as defective.
- Depending on the nature of the return we will either e-mail you a shipping label or send you a replacement product with a shipping label for the defective item to be sent back.
- We will not be held responsible for the shipping of a defective item back to us if you do not opt for a replacement.
- If you do wish to have your item replaced, you will be charged the amount of the new item and asked to ship the defective item back. Once we receive the defective item back, including original parts and packaging, we will issue a full refund for the item.
- If our returns department finds that the item is not defective, you may be responsible for additional shipping costs as well as a 10-30% re-stocking fee.
Please call Customer Service at 847-991-4385 to start the replacement process for the defective item that you have received.