- Most orders are processed Monday through Friday 9:00am - 3:00pm CST
- Orders that are drop shipped directly from the manufacturer may require an additional 1-2 business days for processing.
- Issues such as lack of inventory or credit card verification may affect when your order is processed.
- Orders placed on the weekend or holidays will be processed on the following business day.
- Orders are processed in the order that they are received.
Placing an Order
- You may place an order with us on-line at www.firstalertstore.com. If you are uncomfortable with placing an order on-line, you may place an order via phone at 847-991-4385. All phone orders are placed through our on-line ordering system.
- When placing a phone order, you are providing verbal acceptance of our Sales Policies.
- All of our products sold are brand new OEM and custom accessories shipped in retail or bulk packaging.
- Upon submission of your order, you will automatically be sent an e-mail to confirm that your order has been received and your credit card information has been verified and charged. Your e-mail confirmation will show the status of the item(s) that you ordered and confirm your method of shipment.
- Please be sure to check your spam/junk mail for your order notification.
- In the event that a product runs out of stock after your order has been placed, you will receive an e-mail to notify you of the potential delay in receiving your order.
- First Alert Store accepts VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay and Venmo. Once your order has been received and your payment information has been verified, your payment will be processed and First Alert Store will appear on your billing statement.
- Based on your purchase item type, quantity or order dollar amount we reserve the right to request payment in the form of PayPal, ACH, wire or check prior to processing the order.
- For your security and to prevent fraud, if information used for a purchase appears to be potentially fraudulent, we reserve the right to contact you and request additional information before processing your order. This process may delay your shipment.
- All transactions will post after 5:00pm (CST) on the date of purchase.
- Upon submission of your order, you will automatically be sent an e-mail to confirm that your order has been received. (Please be sure to check your spam/junk mail for this notification)
Terms AccountWe do offer terms accounts to eligible customers. If you wish to set up a terms billing account with us, please contact us at 847-991-4385. Once your terms application has been approved by our credit department, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with your account information.
- You may place orders with us on-line at www.firstalertstore.com. If you are interested in placing an order with us over the phone you may contact us at 847-991-4385.
- All phone orders are placed through our on-line ordering system.
- By placing a phone order, you are providing verbal acceptance of our sales policies.
Sales Tax and Tax Exempt
Orders placed with a shipping address within the state of Illinois will be subject to Illinois state tax of 10%.
If you are an Illinois business or government agency and feel that you are tax exempt, please fax your contact information and a copy of your tax-exempt letter to (847) 991-7189. Once we receive and file your tax-exempt letter, we will e-mail you confirming that you are ready to make your tax-exempt purchase.
Clearance / Discounts
Clearance items are items that we choose to significantly discount for your benefit. Typically, clearance items are items discontinued by the manufacturer and that we have a limited supply remaining in stock. Due to the nature of clearance items, all clearance item sales are final and are not returnable.
Coupons / Promotions
We offer promotions and discounts to our customers on a regular basis. If we have any promotions currently running you may view them at the top of our home page www.firstalertstore.com.
When you purchase an item, you are also given the opportunity to provide your e-mail address to receive coupon codes and updates on limited offers. This is a great way to stay informed of upcoming promotions and deals. Only One coupon code may be used per order.
General Shipping InformationOrders are shipped weekdays (non-holidays) and our cutoff time for all orders is 3:00pm CST. Delivery transit time (not including weekends) starts once we have filled the order and our carrier has picked up the package.
- We will not provide shipping refunds due to weather related delivery delays.
- Deliveries to remote areas and areas outside the 48 contiguous states may increase delivery time.
- We currently only ship to locations within the United States.
- We will not be held responsible for packages left outside a resident's door if signature service is NOT requested or if the customer has a signature release on file with Fed Ex or USPS. Customers may select signature required service at the time of order placement. (additional fees may apply).
- The customer will be charged accordingly for any extra fees (refusal of package, wrong address, etc...) that are incurred for the packages billed to their account.
- Customers wishing to receive their order at a retail mailboxes store or a shared office space, please be aware we may require PayPal as a payment form due to higher rates of fraud and package theft at these locations.
- We do not typically ship to Freight Forwarders. Some exceptions can be made if the order is prepaid by PayPal or wire transfer and you work with our Sales department prior to placing your order.
Border Pick-Up Locations
- Shipments to Border Pick-Up locations must be paid via a USA credit card with a valid US billing address or by PayPal. We will not accept any international credit cards.
Refused Packages and/or Undeliverable PackagesCustomers will automatically be charged a service fee for the following reasons.
- Any refused package.
- Undeliverable packages due to incomplete address information, no signature on file, or no recipient at the shipping location provided.
- Re-shipment of packages returned to us.
Merchandise Damaged in Transit
- If your merchandise arrives damaged you must notify us before returning it.
- We must be notified within one business day to ensure proper handling of your claim.
- Some shipping companies require that a representative come to your home to inspect the package. Remember to keep the original packaging, and do not discard the shipping box.
- You may be asked to provide pictures of the damages made to the outer packaging as well as the product inside the box.
- After inspecting the damaged parcel, the representative will return it to us. This procedure needs to be followed in these rare occasions.
Missing Items in ShipmentIf you receive a package and there is a missing item, you must notify us within 24 hours to ensure proper handling of your claim. We are not responsible for missing items not reported to us after the 24-hour allotted time.
Changing or Canceling Order
If you would like to change the address or contact information on your order please visit the order status page to see the status of your item(s).
Does your order show tracking information?
- If yes, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, however, we are unable to make any address changes to your order as it has already been shipped.
- If no, please e-mail us at orders@FirstAlertStore.com or you may call us at 847-991-4385 before 2pm CST, Monday-Friday, on the day of your order.
Order Status and Tracking
Most orders are processed Monday through Friday 8:00am - 3:00pm CST, you will receive notification when your items have shipped. Orders placed on the weekend or holidays will be processed on the following business day. Some items need to be drop shipped directly from the manufacturer and may require an additional 1-2 business days for processing. Issues such as lack of inventory due to high demand or credit card verification may effect when your order is processed.
If you would like to track the status of your order, view the shipping method, or other details regarding a recent order placed, please visit our order status page.
Items Out of Stock
From time to time it is unavoidable that stock shortages will occur, why?
- Demand for an item is much higher than expected and our manufacturer needs time to restock our supply
- The manufacturer has an unforeseen backorder of an item due to a shortage of parts, materials, etc...
- Delivery delays can be caused by transportation strikes, natural disasters such as floods, tornadoes, snow or rain storms etc...
- The estimated in stock date of an item is subject to change at any time, but we try to maintain the most accurate information that is available to us.
Back Ordered Items
Popular or new items may sell out quickly and temporarily be put on back order while our warehouse waits to re-stock those items. Ordering an item that is currently on back order is a worry-free way to ensure that you will be first in line for the new inventory and that the item which you ordered will be sent out to you as soon as our warehouse receives it in.
Once you submit your order, you will receive an e-mail confirmation which will show the status of the items you ordered, the amount paid, and confirm your method of shipment. This is an automated e-mail so please check your spam/junk mail.
We may contact you via e-mail to inform you of the inventory status of your order, or to ask for additional information if your order comes up as potentially fraudulent. In these rare cases please be sure to check your spam/junk mail for our inquiries.
If you have received a special offer or promotional email from us recently and want to stop receiving these type of emails, please visit our unsubscribe page. We tend to only send 2 or 3 promotional emails a month and will never ask for any personal information.
Promotional emails from First Alert Store may include:
- Sales and special offers for the online store.
- Monthly promotional events.
- Exclusive product discounts and new item announcements.
- Item availability emails (Item In-Stock notifications).
Return Policy and Instructions
Our goal is to provide our customers with the best products available. We conduct extensive testing on each product to look for the best compatibility, fit, finish, ease of use and quality. In the event you are dissatisfied with a product, please contact us within 30 days of the shipment date at our returns department for an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number so that we can ensure proper tracking of your return.
- You must contact us within 30 days from the date you receive your item for First Alert Store to process your return.
- Once we receive your RMA request, we will issue an RMA instructional e-mail, which will explain how and where to ship the returned items to.
- Please check your spam/junk mail folder for the instructional e-mail.
- If your RMA is approved, returns must be shipped back within 10 days of the RMA approval date. Otherwise your return is subject to refusal and the transaction will not be refunded including all shipping related costs.
- After we receive your return, please allow 15 business days for us to process your transaction. Items that are considered as Drop Ship / Direct Shipment via Manufacturer could take additional processing time.
- Shipping charges will NOT be refunded (this includes the original shipping charge and the return shipping charge).
- Any packages shipped to us without an RMA will be refused at time of delivery.
- All returns have a 10-30% re-stocking fee, unless they were damaged in transit or are defective.
- All warranties start from the date of purchase with applicable receipt. (Applies to items purchased through this online store only)
Items that are not returnable:
- Clearance Items: All sales on clearance items are final and are not returnable.
- Return Window: Items marked as delivered more than 30 days ago are not returnable.
Guest Customer Returns
If you do not have an account with us, you will need your order number and email address.Check Order Status & Start A Return
- You must contact us within 24 hours or the next business day, after receiving your product to claim an item as damaged.
- Please take pictures and retain all original packaging including the shipment box/pack, this will assist us in filing a claim.
- Depending on the nature of the damaged item we will either e-mail you a shipping label or send you a replacement product with a shipping label for the defective item to be sent back.
- We will not be held responsible for the shipping of a damaged item back to us if you do not opt for a replacement.
- If our returns department finds that the item is not damaged, you may be responsible for additional shipping costs as well as a 10-30% re-stocking fee.
Please call Customer Service at 847-991-4385 to start the replacement process for the damaged item that you have received.
- You must contact us within 30 days of receiving your product to claim an item as defective.
- Depending on the nature of the return we will either e-mail you a shipping label or send you a replacement product with a shipping label for the defective item to be sent back.
- We will not be held responsible for the shipping of a defective item back to us if you do not opt for a replacement.
- If you do wish to have your item replaced, you will be charged the amount of the new item and asked to ship the defective item back. Once we receive the defective item back, including original parts and packaging, we will issue a full refund for the item.
- If our returns department finds that the item is not defective, you may be responsible for additional shipping costs as well as a 10-30% re-stocking fee.
Please call Customer Service at 847-991-4385 to start the replacement process for the defective item that you have received.
SecurityAll orders placed with First Alert Store are processed with the latest 256-bit SSL encryption on our secure server. Upon completion of your order we will confirm it immediately via e-mail. Your order will then be assigned a tracking number so that you may monitor its progress through our on-line customer care center. Every item regarding your order is held in the strictest of confidence using the latest on-line security. At NO time do we ever sell or distribute our customer information. If you wish to place your order via phone, please call us at 847-991-4385.
To prevent fraudulent credit card use, First Alert Store reserves the right to request additional information from you prior to processing your order.