Atom Photoelectric Smoke And Fire Alarm
The First Alert P1000 Atom Smoke and Fire Alarm provides maximum protection and has a new thinner, micro design, which adds an element of style to safety. This photoelectric alarm is a fraction of the size of a standard alarm and provides all the necessary protection to help keep your family and your home safe. This unit has an advanced smoke entry system with a photoelectric sensor that will detect regular and slow, smoldering fires and reduce false alarms that result from cooking and shower steam. The Atom has a loud 85dB penetrating and powerful siren to ensure everyone is out of the building safely. During an alarm, you will hear a loud; repeating horn pattern and an LED light will flash rapidly.
The Atom has easy installation with their smart product clip system to attach to any wall or ceiling. This white smoke and fire alarm is powered by (1) 3-Volt CR2-Lithium Battery (included), has a 1.8-inch circumference and weighs only 0.18-pounds. The First Alert P1000 Atom Battery Powered Micro Design Smoke and Fire Alarm comes with a 10-year limited warranty that protects against defects in material and workmanship.
* California Residents - Please Note This Alarm is Not Compliant with California State 10 Year Sealed Battery Alarm Legislation Requirements.
What is the proper placement of smoke alarms?
It is important that you have the proper placement for your smoke alarms. Install your alarms at least 20 feet from appliances like furnaces and ovens, which produce combustion particles. Alarms should be at least 10 feet from high humidity areas like showers and laundry rooms, and at least 3 feet from heat/AC vents. Be sure to install a smoke alarm in each bedroom, one at the top of each stairwell, and one on every level.
My smoke alarm keeps chirping and beeping. Why does my smoke alarm chirp intermittently?
It is likely that the reason your smoke alarm keeps chirping and beeping is that the battery is low. Whenever your smoke alarm keeps chirping, replace the battery immediately.
Other reasons include: It could be a different device or appliance such as a security system, monitor, carbon monoxide alarm, or other device which has a similar low battery or alert signal. Some of the same factors that cause unwanted alarms can cause intermittent alarms: dust and insects in the alarm or power interruptions in hardwired alarms. Improper wiring on AC or AC/DC smoke alarms. AC alarms will chirp every 5 seconds if the interconnect wire is grounded. The orange interconnect wire should NEVER be grounded; it should only be used to interconnect other smoke alarms or compatible devices.
Why doesn't my smoke alarm sound when I push the test button?
It is important that you frequently test your smoke alarms. When you are testing your smoke alarm, there are a number of reasons why the alarm might not sound:
- You may not be holding the test button down long enough. Try holding it down for up to 10 seconds (20 seconds on photoelectric models) .
- Your battery may not be installed properly or snapped all the way in place. Even if the alarm sounded briefly when the battery touched the terminals, you still need to make sure it is snapped securely in place. If the battery is loose, in cannot power the smoke alarm properly. After installing new batteries, be sure to test your smoke detector.
- Your AC power may not be on. AC and AC/DC units will have a power indicator light (red or green) that shines continuously when they are receiving electrical power.
- If you have a 10-Year model, the smoke alarm may not have been properly activated. If the tab broke away before the alarm was activated, you can use a toothpick to move the switch over to test the alarm.
Why does my smoke alarm go off when I install a battery or turn on the AC power?
It is normal for smoke alarms to go off and sound briefly (up to 5-10 seconds) when you install a new battery or when they are powered up. If the alarm continues to go off and no smoke is present, the cause may be one of the following:
- There may be insufficient battery power, try new batteries.
- Problems with voltage or insufficient electrical power (brown out) may cause a continuous weak sounding alarm. For AC or AC/DC models, temporarily disconnect power at the service panel until the brown out is over. If you do not restore the AC power, your smoke alarms cannot warn you of a fire.
- Incompatible warning device. If an incompatible alarm or auxiliary device is linked into a series of AC or AC/DC smoke alarms it may cause the system inadvertently go off.
My smoke alarm keeps chirping, even with a new battery. What is causing this?
There are a number of possible causes for your smoke alarm to keep chirping even with a new battery.
- It is possible that your smoke alarm "silence" button was pushed by mistake. The alarm will now "chirp" once a minute for up to 15 minutes before resetting.
- Are you sure it's the smoke alarm? Funny to ask, but other devices have similar low battery chirps or warning tones.
- Your "new" batteries may not be fresh. If batteries are stored, especially in cold areas like refrigerators, they lose their charge more quickly. Always check the freshness date on the package when buying new batteries. Keep plenty of replacement batteries on hand so that you are sure to always be protected by your smoke alarms.
I lost my First Alert smoke alarm owner's manual. How can I get a new one?
First Alert smoke alarm owner's manuals are available online for download at no cost. Find your alarm in our Smoke Alarms
Why does the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) recommend that home smoke alarms be replaced after 10 years?
Smoke alarms have a limited life. Although each smoke alarm and all of its parts have passed many stringent tests and are designed to be as reliable as possible, any of these parts could fail over time. Therefore, you must test the devices weekly. The unit should be replaced immediately if it is not operating properly. The performance of smoke alarms older than 10 years is simply not reliable. To ensure your family's safety, all carbon monoxide and smoke/CO combination alarms need to be replaced every 5-7 years. All smoke alarms need to be replaced every 10 years.
If it's time to replace your alarms, consider the NEW 10-Year Life series and never have to worry about a battery replacement for the life of the alarm.10-Year alarms are available in smoke
, carbon monoxide
33 Customer Reviews
4.9 Overall rating
First Alert Atom Photoelectric Smoke & Fire Alarm P1000 Reviews
I've owned 4 of the P1000 smoke detectors for 5 years and they have been flawless. Only once were they used due to a spill in the oven that caused a lot of smoke. The P1000 came on one by one before the smoke was even seen! Great product, small and unobtrusive.
I have been very impressed with first alert. My orders were shipped promptly and every one I have talked to has been very friendly and helpful. Thanks
Thy are very easy to install and look good and are the right size.
Discreet and well made
I had these in my old house. They are small and discreet and easy to install. Very good product!
This alarm is great. It's small and compact but is nice and loud. I have a white drop ceiling and it just disappears. Fits in well with my home. I would recommend to anyone.
Size does not matter
The First Alert Atom is the smallest smoke and fire alarm. I am able to mount it on the wall or place it on a high shelf without screwing it to the wall. Since I do not want to climb ladders, the ability the put it on a high shelf is important in the product I purchase.
Its about time the smoke alarm has evolved! For as long as I can remember smoke alarms have been cumbersome and unsightly. This design is actually cool to look at. Its construction is of high quality. It reminds of an Apple product.
Cute and sassy
The blast is loud, loud, loud, and it is cute and easy to assemble. Wish I was a little taller to get it in the right place. Two easy screws put up high. It did scare my dog quite a bit, but when asleep, Ill appreciate it.
I like that its such a tiny little machine, its hardly noticeable and installation was crazy easy. I look forward to its long presence in my house.
love that they are small and have a better battery life--only concern was I did not recognize the charge on my credit card bill--had to call-I assumed it would have been under first alert. Arrived faster than stated